September 25, 2011

i know what i want.

A kid at work the other night asked me if I would ever consider marrying someone that wasn't LDS.  My automatic response: "Yes but it would depend on the person." And then I started thinking.

I don't think I would.

His response: "You want a shiny RM that's ripped with a lot of money, don't you?"
(well I definitely wouldn't say no to that...)

Then I told him exactly what I want.
I want someone that:
  • honors his Priesthood.
  • wants a family.
  • will take me to the Temple.
  • is willing to do whatever it takes to get us to Heaven.
  • loves me.
I know what I want and I won't shake from that. 

"What if he converted for you?"

I don't want anyone to convert to the gospel "for me." It just isn't right unless they really believe it themselves and know that it really is true.

"But you have to think.  If he really loved you he would try to look at the gospel from your perspective and see why you love it so much.  And I think if they saw why you love it so much, they'd love it just as much.  Not because you do but because they do now too."

Well said.  It really made me think about what I really want in a husband and if I would marry a nonmember.  And I love knowing that I've already found someone with everything I want :)

So Tyler.  If you're reading this, you're everything I've ever wanted and more.  I love you so much and I promise.  I'll wait.  Always.

Love, Kait :)

1 comment:

love letters