September 19, 2011

i need help.

So I have this paper that I have to write and I feel like it has no subject to it whatsoever which makes it really really really hard to write.  But on the plus side, my teacher wants us to use personal experiences or examples and we can use pronouns!!! It made me so happy when he said that. (I know, I'm a nerd).
Anyways. Back to the problem at hand... My paper is an analysis on if nonverbal communication is needed or important in our world today.  Mainly body language like hand gestures, eye contact, facial expressions, and body movement.  So if you have any stories of when you used your "body language" to talk to someone and it either helped or went completely wrong, please feel free to share!  The more the merrier!  Thanks so much!

Much love,
Kait

2 comments:

  1. I can say that technology definitely dilutes the importance of these communication helpers. I mean, honestly- with my best friends I can literally make eye contact with them in a certain way and we know EXACTLY what each other is thinking. It's hilarious and it's fun being able to communicate silently. Even doing something so mundane as driving, there's many times it's necessary to communicate with another in a separate vehicle using solely hand signals and eye contact. Or your can let people know how you feel with the flip of the bird.
    I definitely think all these silent forms of communication are extremely important. You can tell if someone isn't feeling well or there's something wrong by nothing but how they're standing or the expression on their face.
    And body movement can be display artistically as dance- which is important not only in many cultures, but individual lives as well. People can relate to and feel what the dancer is saying with their movements. I hope this is what you were looking for or that this at least helped a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! That's perfect! You definitely helped my brain fart finally go away. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

love letters