November 17, 2011

Tribute Thursday

My first blog tradition! YAY! so cute! Every Thursday, I'm going to make a tribute to someone I admire.  To start me off, I'm going to do a tribute to two people. First.

Paola Molina.

This girl is the definition of awesome.  I've gone through some years of high school with her but didn't get to know her until I had English 1010 with her.  I was judgemental and honestly couldn't believe she was taking that class.  Oh how wrong I was.  I think she rocked that class.  She writes killer stories and hits emotions like none other.  She's way passionate about everything and always has a different perspective.  I loved having that class with her.  And then there was volleyball... haha she's a freaking fireball.  You should see her dive.  And she gets every where on the floor!  haha her cute little knee pads were my favorite.  Paola is awesome. 

Paola joined the Navy.  How cool is that?  I knew she wanted to influence people and change lives but really.  Little Paola?  The Navy?  She's the first person I've personally known to join any of the armed forces and boy am I so glad to know her.  She didn't join to just say she's in the Navy.  She really is fighting for my country.  She's fighting for everything it stands for. 

This girl is going places.  When I grow up, I hope I'll be as cool as Paola.
(pst... I hope you don't mind I stole one of your pictures)

Second. 

Shacy DeJong... LOVE HER!

Shac and I have a history starting in about second grade but my favorite part of our friendship was last year.  We became close friends in English 1010.  Mainly because we were SBO buds but we were partners for everything in that class.  She is the biggest example to me.  She worked so stinking hard last year and did so much between work, classes, applying for schools, SBO's, and friends and always staying true to her beliefs.  I can honestly say she was one of my top 5 closest girlfriends last year.  I might have complained to her more than anything, but she would always just listen to me.  And we'd talk tons!  And we could always relate to everything.  She would always check on me when I was even the tiniest bit of sad and she always knew I had her back [I hope].  I don't know what I would have done without her. 

Shac helped boost my testimony quite a bit.  Her testimony is so strong and she always talked about it openly.  She told me about her goals, what she did wrong, how she fixed, how she wasn't doing good at something, and she was always improving herself and always had the gospel in her mind.  I was really really really really blessed to have met this girl last year.  She changed my life.  And I'll love her forever for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

love letters